Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used milk)
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease and set aside. Sautee the leeks in the frying pan with the reserved bacon grease 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir in the fried leeks, heavy cream and bacon. Stir to blend and remove from heat. Serve hot.
The only changes I made was to whiz up the potatos and broth with my stick blender before adding the rest of the ingredients.
To go with the soup I made bacon and cheese scones. I know, bacon overload, but that IS comfort food to me.
Cheese and Bacon Scones