My Free Patterns

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A few new things

Hi everyone.  I've been having a great time with my parents, and we had a fabulous visit to Orkney/the north of Scotland.  I did manage a bit of knitting and crochet, but not that much to be honest.

The leaf cardigan is still a WIP......I've gotten far enough along that I am almost positive it will be too small, so I've lost all desire to finish it.  I will, I'm just not sure when.  So instead I've started a hat for my Mom.  As predicted, it is much colder here then they are used to, and I'm doing my part to keep them warm.  Progress is slowish, but I hope to be done soon.  It is a Sirdar pattern in Crofter Chunky, thistle colourway.  Hard to see the pattern right now though......


I've also been practising my crochet.  In all honesty it is getting most of my attention.  I'm working on a Market Bag, and it is fun!  I'm using some cotton yarn that my parents brought me, and I'm almost done with the bottom.  The sides are triple crochet, which I've not done before.  I am really loving learning a new craft.



As for books, I'm reading Mistborn, the Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.  I was just telling my Mom this morning that I don't consider myself a fan of science fiction or fantasy writing (she is), but I'm a liar.  I'm starting to love it, and it is all my husbands fault!  This book is fabulous so far, though I'm only 60% through it.  Luckily there are two more after this one, so I'm set for a while.


Take care, and happy crafting.  If you have sunshine, please take a minute to enjoy it and think of me, suffering in an almost continuous downpour and covered over by grey cloud.  If you are suffering from the heatwave, I'll do my part and send cooler thoughts your way.  



13 comments:

  1. Your crochet looks wonderfully neat and tidy!

    I love Sirdar Crofter, I bet that hat is going to be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat, your bag is going to look awesome! i have read that series of books and asbsolutely loved them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing finished market bag, great colour - my fav shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the crochet! Learning new skills is so fulfilling! I wish we could just send weather around where it's needed most. We are in Winter, but it is miserable and rainy, when usually it is crisp and clear! I want to get out and enjoy the cooler days, before it warms up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crochet looks great! I have tried it a couple times, but can't seem to get into it! Science fiction/fantasy...my husband is all over that (can you say Dr. Who), but I am resisting. Although, I do love Harry Potter...so maybe i'm not completely hopeless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could send you my sunshine! Your projects are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you do very neat crochet work! Love the hat yarn, looks very cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colour for that market bag. One of the most amazing things about crochet is how fast it goes, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got enough heat and sunshine to share.....love the crocheted market bag!!! Enjoy the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crochet looks really lovely, the bag is going to be perfect. I love the yarn for your mom's hat, its really pretty XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crochet is gorgeous - I'd love to see the finished bag! I think I am going to make some for my mother for Christmas and I'm looking for a good pattern… xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That shade of blue is now my favorite! It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...