My Free Patterns

Friday, August 3, 2012

Crochet FO's

I am overly pleased with myself this week, because I have not just one, but two FO's this week to share, and both are crochet.  The first one I have been working on for about a month, so it was a bit over-due.  Without further ado, my market bag:




It is big--there are 3 beach towels in the bag for the picture, and it has a nice shape.  At first I thought it was "too big" but now I just love it.  I can't wait to take it to the beach.  Or a picnic.  Or a farmers market.  Anywhere.  The pattern is free, and the yarn is Lily Sugar'n Cream cotton.  I learned quite a bit with this project, and my crochet skills are steadily improving.  So much so in fact, that I tried this:



A crochet wire and bead bracelet.  It was a bit difficult to use wire, but super fun.  It has given me loads of ideas to try in to future.  You can't see the back but I just added a simple clasp, I think next time I might look into magnetic clasp, as it is a bit tricky to get on/off.  I used a free pattern, and some jewellery wire I picked up in the local craft shop.  Fun stuff!!

That's it for me this week.  Happy Crafting!!


9 comments:

  1. Nice beach bag. It will be so practical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The market bag is great. I LOVE the bracelet. I am always drawn to the crochet bead jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both are lovely! I have to make that bag it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andria--The market bag is really great!! I love things like that which are super useful and which inspire admiring comments in line at the market!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty bag and bracelet! I've always been intrigued by wire crochet, so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great market bag, I made one but it was too small! And I love that bracelet. I tried crocheting with wire and it snapped and for some reason I haven't tried again, really must give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your crochet skills are coming along beautifully! The bag is a perfect size. The bracelet is gorgeous. I knitted a bracelet before but now I am going to have to try crocheting one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...