My Free Patterns

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Seeker

And..............I'm back.  We had a very fun, very exhausting whirlwind getaway, but now we are back to "life as usual."  It was my intention, of course, to knit like a fiend while on the airplanes. However, all I managed to accomplish was this:


It is just a plain sock, in self-striping yarn, and I do so love the colours.  Of course, the minute I got home I cast on the Shellseeker I've been planning. It was calling to me.


I'm using Fisherman's wool, in Oak Tweed.  Pure wool, pure warmth.  

That's all I am working on just now.  I appear to have lost my mojo a fair bit, but I'm chalking that up to not feeling great, stress and the unknown future before me.  I hate waiting for news, yet that is exactly what I must do. Wait.  While I do that, I might as well knit.

Happy Crafting!


11 comments:

  1. I hope the future is bright for you and I do hope that knitting brings you comfort; I find it does for me.
    I like your shellseeker pattern and I agree with you about the Fisherman's wool, pure warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got done using that wonderful fisherman's wool for a sweater (except in the opposite color combo, can't recall the name at the moment). It was so warm I usually changed into shorts and a t shirt before I started working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry to hear about all of the stress, but it still sounds like the trip went alright? Whenever you feel stressed, lose yourself in a yarn-related project of some kind, it does help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck being patient while you wait! I hope you get what you and your family want :) Lovely socks on the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have shellseeker in my queue, such a gorgeous pattern :) I hope you don't have too long to wait for news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm thinking good thoughts for you dear and am so happy you have the wonder of knitting to soothe your soul while you wait. off to see those patterns now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh! what a beautiful sweater! and what a perfect choice of wool for it, i love the marled look of your fischermans wool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knit my favorite sweater from Fisherman's Wool. The yarn creates such a fantastic and hardy fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely things you have casted on and I really like the yarn choice for your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drat! I clicked the link and now Shell Seeker is calling me too. My queue just got longer!
    Hope your news comes quickly and fulfills your hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore Fisherman's Wool. I just adore it. I have used it once, to make a really long cabled scarf, and it is warm and scratchy and wooly smelling. I love it!

    What is that yarn you are using for the socks?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...