My Free Patterns

Sunday, July 24, 2016

A new sweater

It occurred to me, around the middle of June, that I should start knitting the girls their sweaters for this winter, if I had any hope of getting them done in time. Did it matter that I already had a cardigan, a sweater, and a pair of socks on the needles? Nope. I love that they are still small enough the project just fly off the needles. We picked a pattern that all three of us liked, so I have the option of making one for myself if I want. This pattern was excellent because it had the size XS, perfect for my 10 year old girls, all the way up to XXL, which I hope I will never need. Being frugal, I do love when I can pay for one pattern and use it three times (or four if I make my Grandma one).




She picked black, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The pattern is called Bloomsbury, by Svetlana Volkova. It is well written, and turned out beautifully. Also, it can be worn with the plain side in front (as it is meant to be) or you can turn it around and have the lace work in front. Variety!! Now' I'm off to start the second one, this time in teal, which I'm looking forward to. Then, I'll have to consider some yarn to make one for myself, because I'm in love with this sweater.



3 comments:

  1. that is one beautiful sweater and an adorable model! I love how it fits and my oh my is she growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sweater! Really nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting pattern, I can see why you want to knit it many times. Your daughter is adorable and the sweater fits her beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...