My Free Patterns

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chai Tea

I love, I mean really LOVE Chai tea.  I found a tasty Chai tea mix at Tesco, but with the terrible weather I haven't been able to make it back there to buy more.  None of my local shops carry it, which only compounds my sadness.  Then today it occurred to me to try to make it myself.  I'll admit, sometimes I'm a little slow in that regard.  I found a recipe for the crock pot, and since things couldn't get much easier I gave it a go.  Let me just say, it is divine!  I'll post the recipe as I made it, and link to the original one.

Chai Tea Slow Cooker Style


7 cups water
1/2 tbsp ground ginger (or slice up some fresh, keep the cold at bay)
5 green cardomon pods, split open
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 black peppercorns
couple of dashes white pepper (this added a nice kick)
couple of dashes of nutmeg
4 black tea bags (I used decaf)
1/3 cup sugar
1 to 1 1/2 cup milk

1)  Add water and spices to the slow cooker/crockpot.  Cook for 8 hours.
2)  Add the tea bags and the sugar, steep for 5 minutes.  Remove tea bags and then strain liquid through a sieve.  Add milk.  Enjoy!  Store in the fridge, I use an old milk jug.  It is also very nice cold over ice.

I know, it looks like a regular cup of tea.....but it is so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...