My Free Patterns

Friday, March 9, 2012

Changes





I managed to finish another few small projects this week, in the midst of my cardigan turmoil.  I think I'll shelve that one for a while and maybe work on this one instead:

by Katie Himmelberg
It is a free pattern called the Eco Vest.  I was thinking of doing it in Irish tweed wool.  Of course, that would mean ordering more wool............ so instead I think I might just work on the tank tops for the girls for this summer, since I already have that yarn.

In the hope that spring will happen sooner rather than later, I whipped up an ear warmer.  It was super fast--like one day fast (instant gratification is my favourite), and would appear to work rather well.  I used some yarn I had left over from a beret I made, it is 50% wool, 50% mohair.  And because I am a person that cannot cast off loosely, even when I go up two sizes in needles, I used the Stretchy Bind off which worked really well!



Next up, I finished another Chubby Chirp. I know, I know, enough with the chirps already!  I'm working on my last one right now, and then I'm done.  I've lost interest in them after the 3rd.  Here's an extreme close up, which makes him look bigger than he is!  So cute.  Maybe just one more.................



Check out the creative energy here:


13 comments:

  1. Love the earwarmer, those little cables look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which project do I like the best? hmmm, all of them are great but that cardigan is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sweater, very rustic looking. The earwarmer looks comfy and bet it is with the soft fabric. Tank tops for myself is what I'm working on now. Got the front done last night onto the back today. Next one is going to be done in the round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chirp! I am thinking I need to make two, one for each daughter. I'd make them for the dogs, but fear they would just be destroyed in seconds. Here's hoping your ear warmer brings warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, no more chirps, they are so adorable!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ear warmer, it's so pretty - the yarn is gorgeous. the chirp is lovely - I might need to make some of those for easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Eco Vest is cute, I hope you get to that one too! And now that you have three little chirpy birds, you have enough to start juggling, that would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that vest pattern! Dang it, another pattern to the queue! The ear warmer looks both attractive and functional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice headband. I'm wondering if the model is standing funny, or the edge of the vest is a bit off. It doesn't look straight across the bottom to me. Is there a way you can check that pattern out, before you buy wool and start on it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Eco Vest, it looks like a fun, quick knit. It looks like a great project for some handspun yarn. That little chubby chirp is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chirps. That vest looks great, but I think I'd look like an eco-biker lady... not the most flattering cut on me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...