My Free Patterns

Thursday, December 27, 2012

I love cables

Happy Post-Christmas everyone!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  I am loving my knitting right now, since the Lintilla is finally done and I can start on something else.

A few years ago I tried to get my Mom into knitting.  She gave it a try, but we live very far apart (you know, different countries) and I think she was a little lost and bored on her own.  Now that I'm staying with her she admitted she doesn't like knitting (I'll refrain from saying the word hate, but she might have) so she gave me all her knitting needles and left over yarn.  Hurray for me!  She had a ball of Patons Pure Wool that was pretty, so I have cast on the Hermione's Cable & Eyelet Hat.



I was just knitting along quite the thing and then I got to the first cable.  Man, I LOVE cables.  They are so.....joyful!  Can't wait to see how it goes.  I hope the colors don't hide the pattern.

Lastly, I got a new book for Christmas, Finish Free Knits by Kristen TenDyke.



There are so many patterns I can't wait to knit, but if the ads don't like and the bulky yarn is on sale this weekend, I'm going to start with this one, from page 125:




5 comments:

  1. I got that same book! I used a gift card I got for Xmas to buy it, and I bought it for the very pattern you posted. There are some hideous patterns in there, but also some really nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the yarn in the first pic, such wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you must knit that tunic, it looks amazing! I'm going to have to queue that one for myself. Enjoy those cables, they look like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could anyone hate knitting? My own daughter says it is NOT relaxing--the nerve! I'm sure your knitting inheritance will be put to good use!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...