My Free Patterns

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIP, my life

Hi everyone.  I'm back for a wee bit of blogging.  We are all moved out of our house in Scotland, and everything is in storage.  Then we jumped a plane to my parents house in Arizona.  Oh how I love the sunshine and warmth.  It is very much like a Scottish summer here.  

It is official.....I got the job in Australia!  Now we wait, while the visas are processed and we can get moved.  No idea how long it will take, but I'm looking forward to having some time to relax, knit, read, play with my kids, and be warm.  I'd forgotten what it was like to be warm.  Or live in a house with heating that works.  Heating is not to be over-rated.

Just yesterday I pulled out my knitting project I've been working on, the Lintilla.  I'm in the decreases, and hopefully will finish this soon.  I did 22 repeats of the body before I started the decreases.  I also managed to knit two Christmas presents, so hopefully I can share those after the holidays.


For us it is warm here in Arizona, but not this warm....................  


These Scottish girls are braver (or crazier) than I am!  

Happy crafting everyone, and Happy Holidays!

13 comments:

  1. I am envious of your warmth! Congrats on getting the job in Australia, I hope everything goes smoothly with visas and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotland. Arizona. Australia? You're a globe trotter! I hope your move goes very smoothly and you have plenty of time to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour and pattern of your shawl. Congratulations on the getting the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations on your job!!!! You are a glob trekker aren't you? Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job!! I wish I could be in Arizona right now. It is frigid where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your big news! Australia! EXCITING!

    As for the girls, well I don't think kids feel cold. Not like adults anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new job. Love the scarf !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, that's a huge change. Where in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Victoria, just north of Melbourne. Hurray for sunshine!

      Delete
  9. Oh how exciting and congratulations on getting the job in Australia! I hope that you have a fun and relaxing time in Arizona. Lintilla is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have certainly been hopping around! Australia is sure to be an amazing place to live, I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, you won a giveaway on my blog earlier this month, could you email me on hazelmct@yahoo.co.uk with you details so I can post the prizes to you :) Thank you, hope you had a good christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...