My Free Patterns

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Working on a favorite

Well here we are at WIP Wednesday once again! I've been pretty faithful to my Baby Cables top, and I'm almost ready to divide the sleeves. Progress isn't fast, I'm still trying to adjust to my complete lack of knitting time now that I'm working full time again. I like working, but I still long for the days when I could knit to my hearts content. I do so love the weekend. 



When my brain is too tired to follow a pattern I work on my scrap blanket. I'm glad to be making progress on that too. As an added bonus, it keeps me warm as I work on it as the days grow colder. I love a multi-function project! How will I know when it is done? Well my scrap pile is rapidly dwindling!


It isn't the prettiest thing ever, and I think that makes me love it all the more. This one is already earmarked for the comfy chair in my craft room. Motivation to get it done!

I wish you happy crafting and pleasant weather! Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. It's good to have a no-brainer project. Great progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrap blanket! What a great use of leftovers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, on the weekends there is much work to do on the house ... Life is hard. ;-) I wish you many spare moments to knit a few rows. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started knitting when I was unemployed...and once I started working full time again, I missed those lazy days.

    Great progress on the blanket and sweater

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket's looking really good! I think having a simple project is a great way to decompress, especially now that you're working more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the subject of weekends. I wish they were longer. I would be such a better person if I had an extra day each week to knit and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cables on that sweater! Such a pretty pattern. The blanket looks like a fun, relaxing project. I hope that you get to squeeze in some more crafting time. It is so hard to juggle work, family and hobbies but you will be all the happier for getting a little me-time in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Destashing is almost as much fun as stashing. Looking forward to seeing the baby sweater done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. working does have a way of getting in the way of knitting fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That green is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome blanket!

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-87/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blanket is lovely what a great way to use up a stash, hope you can find suitable snippets of time to knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your scrap blanket a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...