My Free Patterns

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Feed the compulsion

Hello!! I have been a bit MIA lately, and it isn't because I'm not knitting. I am, I swear it. I just don't have a lot to show for my efforts. I've completely lost my steam on my Baby Cables because now I'm on the sleeves. I hate sleeves. So slow and painful for me. So I focused on my girls cardigan instead. Only, I tried it on her once I had the sleeves on scrap yarn:


It was too small (too be honest it fit just perfectly, not what I'm going for though). I'm not sure if it was my gauge or my girl, but I decided to frog it and start over with a bigger size. Or, rather, two sizes bigger. I want her to be able to wear it for more than 6 months! Here is where I'm at now:


I've also cast on a hat-- a free pattern on Ravelry called Dizzy. I'm using some stash yarn that is 30% wool. The other day I was in a total knitting funk (it had to do with waiting on needles to arrive in the mail so I could do that runched part of the cardigan above) and they didn't arrive (I ended up making a special trip into town to buy a different set) and I wanted to work on SOMETHING. I got really stressed out and annoying about it, until Dave finally just looked at me and said, "knit some more hats for charity." He's brilliant sometimes. Not too far yet, but it is fun:


And that's me for WIP's this week. Take care, see you on Friday. I finally have a FO to share!


9 comments:

  1. Those hubbys do come in handy sometimes lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity hats are always fun to knit, good for you! I don't love sleeves either, I feel your pain. But it is going to look so pretty when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate knitting sleeves too! I've recently started knitting them flat and it's not nearly so bad...I think it might be the dpns I'm "allergic" to. ;) It means a bit of seaming, but it also means that I will actually finish sweaters in a timely manner! I'm glad to be back to the fun of the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hate is front bands- it all looks such a mess until I cast off again. Top notch husband for knowing that you needed to do something!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pattern is the cardigan for your girl. It looks adorable.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww that cardigan looks just super pretty - I love the pink. Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so hard for me to knit for my kids now, because I knit so slowly and they grow quickly! I tend to knit things much bigger than they should be, and then they can wear it for a few seasons rather than wearing it a couple times. The hat looks like a great pattern too! Will have to check it out! I love knitting hats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He IS brilliant. Sometimes I get that way too ... antsy and undecided. Lately I've been crocheting heaps of washcloths for my craft sale just to keep my hands busy. Sorry the cardi was smaller than you wanted ... I expect it's partly that the girl IS growing. Kids sizes are a bit of a moving target aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely girl, lovely cardi! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...