My Free Patterns

Friday, October 18, 2013

A hat for Matt

Hurray, I've started my Christmas knitting. This year I told myself I wouldn't knit a thing for anyone. I was having such a good time knitting things for myself. Then, well, I guess I got over my selfish streak. My cousin (ok, second cousin) Matt has been helping out a lot with my Grandparents in Michigan. He is a great, great person, and they love him dearly. So of course, onto the hat list he went. 

This hat was a wonderful knit, and it only took a few days. 



Pattern: (free!) Snowtracks Cap
Yarn: Supa yarn 100% wool
Mods:  I cast on for a large. Knit 2” for the ribbing. Then I skipped rows 21-23 and 28. This turned out the perfect size, I’m really pleased. I didn't want a folded brim, but I wanted it to be long enough to be pulled over the ears without being slouchy. Not much to ask, is it?

A little note about the photos--the girls and I had just gotten home from the beach (you know the drill, play, play, play, walk, ice cream, walk more, then home). For whatever reason they striped naked the moment we got home, and then I remembered we had to take these pictures. So we were in the back garden and two little naked people were telling me how to pose, and where to turn my head. And it made me really laugh. Hence, this picture:



And then, because they both wanted their pictures to be used, another of the back. I love those cables!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

I love spring!
 

16 comments:

  1. wow! These cables look great! Very neat and even! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome cap, your cousin is getting amazingly spoilt!
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Sound like my Maggie. The moment she comes home she strips. The hat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Matt, such a great hat with beautiful cables and color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely hat and I know Matt will love it when he receives it. I would be smiling too if I had some unclad persons directing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great hat that I've been meaning to make myself. I love the color also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt definitely sounds knit-worthy and I love that hat too. Those ARE great cables!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that will be my next cabled hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hat... and the background story is pretty funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hat! And your girls so remind me of mine. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hat. The cable design is really cool. Your girls take good pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do love that hat, and a free pattern too! Those cables are gorgeous, I have to queue this one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hat, love the cables! I know, every year I say I'm not going to knit any gifts for the holidays either. That hat is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab hat, I am sure he will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...