My Free Patterns

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Time to sew


I'll admit I've been obsessed with knitting for a while now.  I've started knitting for a charity called KASCare,  http://www.kascare.org/
knitting up blanket squares, hats, and pullovers.  These are then sent to South Africa for children in need, often orphaned by AIDS.
toddler pullover and hat

So while I've been doing my part to keep children warm, I've neglected my sewing machine these past few months.

I am sure most parents would agree, but it really seems my kids grow at an exponential rate.  They are 4 1/2 years old, but already wearing trousers for age 5-6. They have long legs, and they just keep getting longer.  I was trying to figure out a cheap way to keep them in trousers, which they will only get covered in paint, glitter, and glue at nursery.  I find it hard to spend a lot of money on trousers only to have them covered in stains in a week.

Then it hit me--I've got a huge pile of fabric thanks to my wonderful Grandma and Mom, I can make them skirts.  So off I went to buy them some tights, as it is getting cold here in Scotland, and today I started on the skirts.

Rori modelling a skirt


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...