First I made Curry Crackers. I made these back closer to Valentines Day, so I cut them into heart shapes.
Next, I made Poppy Seed crackers. The picture isn't that attractive, but they tasted divine!
For lunch I made broccoli cheese soup served with the poppyseed crackers, yummy!
Broccoli Cheese Soup (this freezes really well for a fast lunch)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water and bullion cube, then miss out the salt later on)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil. Add broccoli and onion. Cook for five minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- In a separate bowl, slowly add milk to flour, and mix until well blended.
- Stir flour mixture into broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until soup is thick and bubbly. Add cheese if desired; stir until melted. Add seasonings and serve.
Food Blog Hops to Enjoy: