My Free Patterns

Monday, May 23, 2011

Tuna Melt

I don't know about your weather, but our May has been terrible!  Rain, rain, rain, and now incredibly strong winds for about a week now.  I am well and truly sick of it, and the fact that I had to dig out a sweater this morning when I feel like it should be time to turn the heating off.  

At times like these I need comfort food.  Here is a quick, and I think indulgent lunch without being too bad for you.  Or at least, I figure anything that has lettuce and tomato can't be ALL bad for you!

Tuna Melt

2 slices of bread
1/2 a can of tuna, drained
1 tbs mayo or whatever you usually use, I use plain yoghurt when I want to feel healthy
1 tbs diced onion
splash red wine vinegar (really gives it zing!)
parsley if you have it.  I was too cowardly to brave the rain to snip some from the garden.  It was THAT terrible out.
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 a tomato
a couple leaves of lettuce
mozzarella cheese

First, dice your onion and add it to the mayo and tuna in a bowl.  Add salt and pepper, vinegar, and parsley if you have it.  A little bit of dill is nice too. Mix it all around.


I took one slice of bread and spread some spicy Coleman's mustard on it.  This gives it a nice zing!  Then I spread on the tuna and topped it with sliced tomatoes.  Next sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese and put under your grill or broiler until the cheese is melted.



Remove from oven and add lettuce and top piece of bread.  Slice.  Enjoy.  That easy.  That good!





Here is where I hop:

Oh, and one last thing, I'm in the finals of a cooking competiton, please, if you have a minute, vote for me!! THANK YOU


2 comments:

  1. I haven't made a tuna melt in a while! Yum! & I voted for you too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good tuna melt and yours sounds just scrumptious. Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...