My Free Patterns

Friday, June 17, 2011

Capri's get whacked!

My daughters (both of them) have a rather strong dislike for capri pants.  I am not sure why, because I think they are great; not quite warm enough for shorts, too warm for jeans, there is your answer!  They do not agree.  However capri's seem to keep making an appearance in their wardrobe.  This time they got a pair each for their birthday, gasp!  So I made them into shorts for the summer.  



I was going to do a "before" and "after" shot but my scissor hand has a mind of its own.  Therefore you get the grey "before" and the black "after" but without any appliqué.  Yes, I am currently addicted to appliqué.  In a previous post I used it to patch trousers (still doing that, in fact I have a pair sitting next to me that need sewn) and the girls love the idea, and now want little pictures on all their clothes.  The fact that these trousers were grey and black didn't impress them either, so we jazzed them up!
front

back

front

back
Two happy girls, and now they have enough shorts for summer.  Especially since they don't really wear shorts here in Scotland..............


And now I'm going to do what I like to call "letting the crazy out."  I probably shouldn't admit this was my craft project today, but I will.  My daughter is a remote control freak.  When she and her sister watch tv she holds that remote constantly.  The only problem is she has begun to lose it, and it takes us ages to find it again, and often we find it wedged in the back bottom of the couch.  How it gets there, I don't even want think about.  My husband decided that she needed a "remote control holster" which we both thought was hilarious.  Funny enough to actually make.  So here it is:

Happy crafting!

Here is where I hop:

10 comments:

  1. Cute alterations and an adorable idea with the holster, what a creative solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your daughters are young. They probably think capris are for old folk. They turned out very cute.

    I like the holster. Maybe I need to make one for hubby but would also need to include a pocket for his reading glasses which he is also always misplacing!

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love capri's ... perfect for me! Love the remote holster :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check her out striking a pose with that great hat and holster. :-D

    Cute shorts too.

    I am planning an applique/patch party for my very favorite jeans. They have big holes, but I'm not ready to give them up. So shopping, I must do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute shorts and the remote holster is cracking me up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could get along and not fight with my sewing machine...I totally love your alteration solution, the applique and the holster

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you, I love capris ;) Kids seem to always have a mind of their own :) What a great idea! I love the remote holster! I think I will make one for my husband. Too cute :))
    Would love to have you link this up with us on Sunday (tomorrow) @ www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there!
    Britney
    jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea!! Hehe! The remote control holder idea is genius :) THANK YOU for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Sunday!"

    We appreciate it!! Have a great Sunday!
    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fantastic ideas!!!

    Hello! newest follower on GFC from the relax and surf hop! Would love for you to stop by and follow back and say hello!
    http://www.bragallaboutit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new fancy capris look great! and that remote bolster is too funny!!

    Nice to meet a blogger in Scotland too! I'm in Australia now - but from northern England and my hubby's from Scotland!

    Hope it's getting warmer there for you now as it cools down here!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...