- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1.5 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pound kielbasa (or any smoked) sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Place the cabbage in a large saucepan, and add the diced apple, 1 teaspoon of the salt, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, about 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter. Sauté the onion until golden. Add the onion to the cabbage along with .5 teaspoon salt, pepper, vinegar and sausage. Cook, covered, 20 to 30 minutes until sausage is heated through.
This is where I hop: