My Free Patterns

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer is for socks

As if I don't have enough projects on my needles, I cast on a new one. I got an incredible urge to knit socks--so I did (one anyway).




The pattern is My Cup of Tea free on Ravelry. I love tea, these socks, and things that are free. I'm using the Cascade 220 fingering from my Roxborough Dolman that I didn't like. I know, I know, there is no nylon in this yarn but I don't really like the feeling of it for a top. So far, I'm happy with it for socks. Which is good, since I have plenty. I'm working on the second one right now, and finding them rather compulsive!


Happy knitting friends!

8 comments:

  1. Gotta love free patterns! I've put that one in my Rav library (along with about 4 million others!) They are lovely socks. And I do love your stripy top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great sock pattern!! Love the free patterns on ravelry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pattern, thank you for linking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pair of socks! lovely pattern .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pattern. Thanks for sharing such a great free one.
    Via Frontier Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sock is so pretty! For me summer means small lacy shawls, although I'm not currently working on one (and really wish I am!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. For as much as I say I love Cascade 220, I've only ever knit with the one kind, the worsted-weight. I'll have to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The socks are lovely! There are so many great free patterns on ravelry that I have yet to knit.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...