My Free Patterns

Monday, June 1, 2015

WIP's

Hello all. What's up with this May Michigan weather? It is June 1st and I'm worried it might freeze tonight. Not cool Mother Nature, not cool. I got a little excited and planted a bit too early, and now I've got to be an eagle eye on the weather. I can't lose another tomatillo plant, I just can't.

I've got several WIP's right now, and I'm feeling pretty good about them all. First, I'm chugging along on my Grandpa Cardigan. It is my first pattern by Joji Locatelli, and I'm excited because I like so many of her patterns.

Yeah, it sort of matches the floor, sorry about that

I hit a roadblock a while back and ripped the whole thing out and started over. I'm glad I did, since when I joined the back and sides I noticed they were on different rows. I fixed that the second time around and I'm MUCH happier.


I started on Rori's Britania. I'm using Berroco Vintage DK. It is my TV knitting right now, though last night I was so tired I knit a round of the wrong row. Why is it you always figure that out at the END of the row? I'm knitting this the same as Isla's (sleeveless) but I've gone up a needle size because she is a squinch bigger than her sister. These girls are growing like weeds.  

So are the feathered girls:

Lastly, I'm working on a Sweet Summer Shawl. It was my original TV knitting until Rori asked me to get started on her Brittania. I'll admit, she had to nag me because I'm digging this shawl. It is pretty and blue and easy, I like it. I'm using Bendigo Woolen Mills 4 ply in the colorway lake.


So that's what I'm working on at the moment. I'm enjoying each of the projects. Thanks for stopping by! One last picture, taken a few days ago. 
 Gratuitous dog picture. Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Love all your knits, but especially the shawl. I had to do a double take when I read you were using Bendigo yarn! As I was sure you were not an Aussie! Bendigo is not too far from me and hopefully this year I will be able to get there for the biggest sheep and wool show in Australia. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not an Aussie. But lucky enough to live in Victoria for a year. I think this is the last of my Australian wool, sigh. Makes it an extra special shawl!

      Delete
    2. Bendigo is fantastic wool and such a reasonable price. We are very lucky to have it as most of the mills have closed down. Whereabouts in Victoria did you live?

      Delete
    3. I didn't order enough Bendigo wool :) We lived in Paynesville, it was lovely (but too many Mosquitos)

      Delete
  2. Envy at all your knitting! I've had 'issues' with my knitting recently - culminating in a major frogging...but we won't speak of that right now...! We're also having a rather chilly June here in the uk too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your WIPs are lovely but I really love the shawl pattern you are knitting. It's such a beautiful design. I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca for a shawl and it's a joy to knit with. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my you have lots on the needles!! love the shawl pattern, pretty design. That field of flowers with your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colours and the grandpa is looking great. Now you have sorted the rows I'm sure you will love it - Joji's patterns are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got lots of great things on the needles! I have never knitted a Joji pattern before, although many are on my to-knit list. Love her style.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...