My Free Patterns

Monday, April 25, 2011

2 Egg Omlet

I am doing my very best to be a good girl, and not eat too many sweets.  It is hard for me, since I love all things baked.  Or fried.  Or generally not good for you.

The other day I was at the shop and I picked up a copy of the magazine Delicious, which I had never read before.  It was fabulous!  I read it cover to cover and ear-marked just about 10 recipes to try.  Here is one that I adapted to suit myself, and it was delicious.  It was a great lunch, and would be a good dinner when hubby is at the hospital late.

2 Egg Omelet

Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork until frothy.  Don't add milk--I was trained to add a bit of milk by my mother, but it really isn't necessary for this recipe.  Do add a bit of white pepper though, it is lovely!  Set aside.

I don't like raw tomatoes (one of my many quirks) so I sautéed 1/2 a tomato and and a handful of raw spinach in a tiny bit of olive oil until they were soft.  I added a bit of salt and pepper and garlic powder. Then I took them out of the pan (plopped them on my plate is more accurate.)
You can even see the steam coming off it!

I have a lovely little anondized frying pan that is perfect for the little omelet.  It doesn't need much oil and it is such a good tool I feel a better cook when I use it.  My point here is that I didn't need to add any more oil, you might need to if you have a different style pan.  Add the eggs and cook on a medium heat.  When the edges start to get done, use a spatula to lift one side a bit and tilt the pan so the egg runs under.  Then do it again on the other side.  This prevents a raw bit in the middle.  I can't abide undercooked eggs.


When the egg is cooked all the way through (you can flip it over if you have the confidence), add your favorite ingredients to one half of the omelet.  Mine were:
     * sautéed 1/2 tomato and handful of spinach
     * 2 thin slices of ham lunch meat, diced
     * a bit of grated Swiss cheese


Then fold the omelet over and cook a wee bit longer until the cheese is melted and it is hot through.  Enjoy!


I had the omelet with my home made baked beans.  You can follow the link to the recipe if you are interested.  They are perfect for beans on toast!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I love omelets and that looks SO tasty!

    I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well. :)

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, omlet is our favourite Sunday breakfast, ill have to try it with spinich, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That omelet looks so tasty. My sons love it when I make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum again! I am following along!

    Megan
    mommyminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so good.I miss omelet, guess its about time to make one.thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...