My Free Patterns

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Malteser Biscuits (Whopper Cookies)


Do you like how I did the British/American title for this post?  I still have a hard time calling cookies biscuits.  Anyway, as I helped my girls put away their birthday presents (they are 5 years and a few days!), we noticed they had received 3 boxes and 2 bags of Maltesers.  I know, they are on special at the shop right now, I made the mistake of buying a bag myself (bringing the total to 6), just because they were only £1.  That was before the Malteser flood began.  So I turned to my handy friend--Internet, and went searching for a recipe to use some up.



Malteser Biscuits

  • 250g butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1/2 cup condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 165g packet Maltesers, roughly chopped
  • 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
  • 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
  2. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Add condensed milk and vanilla and beat for a further 1 minute.
  3. Add Maltesers and flours. Stir with a large metal spoon until well-combined. Roll mixture into small walnut-sized balls. Place onto prepared baking trays, allowing room for biscuits to spread.
  4. Gently press biscuits with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake, 2 trays at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

    So the real question now is, how were they?
    I made 1/2 a recipe, because cookies do not last in my house and I did not want to be responsible for eating too many.  We took them on a picnic today and they are GOOD!  The kids loved them, I loved them.  I think I'll be making these again.  And again.  And again.  Until our supply is depleted.  Though I did see a recipe for Malteser cheesecake as well.  Trying to resist temptation..............

    Blog Hops

3 comments:

  1. Yummy cookies. A new follower from Swingin by Sunday...

    Pls visit here

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from Say Hi Sunday... these look delicious, my mum loves Maltesers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by, glad I discovered your blog.

    This is an awesome recipe, nice twist to chocolate chips. I have the same issue with biscuits and cookies. I am used to calling cookies biscuits but slowly adopting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...