My Free Patterns

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

and the Knit goes on

I hope that each and every one of you had a happy holiday celebration of your choosing.  We had a wonderful time here, and I am enjoying having my family all around me.  Additionally I am enjoying solitude of not leaving the house!  I am one of those people that stock pile food before Christmas so I don't have to rush out for anything for a few days.  It's been brilliant.

As is often the case over the holidays, I once again reflected on how blessed I am.  Happiness, health, a loving family.  Of course our thoughts often turn to charity at this time, though I strongly believe they should at all times.  I've been remiss in my charity knitting, so I've been working on that.

I've blogged before that my favourite knitting charity is KAS, but I haven't knit a square in months.  Correction, I haven't finished a square in months.  I got caught up in knitting gifts and it fell by the wayside.  Last night I finished a square that was languishing, and I started a new pullover.  I love the absolute ease of this pullover, I was able to finish 1/2 of one while watching a movie with subtitles.  How cool is that?

I've also been working away on my baby chalice blanket.  I really love how it is turning out.  I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way done.  I've also decided that photographing red is even hard than photographing black.  Here's the best I could do




As for reading, I just got a new book from the library.  It is called Cutting for Stone, and so far is really very good.
 



Please check out these blog hops, and all the crafty people that inspire me! 


6 comments:

  1. The pullover looks like such a wonderful pattern and your blanket is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the pullover does look easy and the blanket looks just like one I had when I was a baby. What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting for Stone - my mom said it was a very good book. Thanks for reminding me of the title - I had forgotten about it. Will put it on my library list asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pattern and comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket -- it looks like an interesting pattern to knit, too. And oh, how I love projects that can be knit while watching a movie! I'm a football fan and love to knit while watching a game -- it just doesn't feel right to sit down to watch TV without knitting or hand sewing to do! -- Kathy at http://www.needleandspade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have cutting for stone on my list, but is it sad?

    That blanket in red - wow. I love that stitch pattern and I love that color!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...