My Free Patterns

Friday, December 2, 2011

Gifts I've Finished!

I'm not 100% sure why, but I'm feeling rather rushed off my feet by the end of this week.  So I'll do a quick, picture heavy post and I'm sure you will forgive me.  I've finished Dani's Scarf, and I couldn't be more pleased.  It was knit in Sirdars Crofter Chunky yarn to match her hat.  I'm finishing up her brothers scarf and then I'll mail them off next week!




I  knit another Calorimetry, which was supposed to be for my aunt, until my daughters saw it.  Now I have to knit another with the rest of this yarn, and they will each get one for Christmas.  Hopefully it will be somewhat of a surprise as they  still think I'm sending this one away to my aunt.  It is knit in 100% wool, with some Patons Classic Wool I brought home from the States on my last trip.  Yes, that's right, I hit the sales even (especially) when I'm on holiday!





This little rose was just for fun, and literally took 10 minutes.  I am going to be playing around with flowers a bit, as I think they make nice decorations on hats, etc.  But I've got a bit more practising to do..................



These mittens weren't for a gift, but my daughters school play.  She is playing a sheep in the play "The Grumpy Sheep (she's not the grumpy one)" and part of the costume was black gloves or mittens.  I used my never ending ball of black wool, and whipped them up over the course of a couple of days.  She LOVES them, which is saying something since she isn't a big fan of the colour black.  I think they are very nice indeed and would like a pair for myself if I can ever find the time.  They came out quite thick and warm.





Lastly, I made this ear warmer/head band for my sister.  The wool is really wonderful, it is called Wendy Viva.  It is soft, chunky, silky and gorgeous.  The pattern is very fast and I think very rewarding.  I knit it up on 8mm needles.  I think I might make a few more as extra gifts, because they literally take an hour or two.


And that's all I've got for this week.  Things are slowing down a bit around here as I try to wrap up Christmas gifts.  I am already thinking about what to do after the holidays, I'd like to work on a bigger project after all these wee ones.  Time will tell......... each day I seem to add more and more to my "I want to knit" list.



10 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of projects to show off today! They all look wonderful :) I love the little flower, perfect to accessorise a hat or bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA! Lots of finished projects. Love them all. Those ear warmers do look really fun, I may just have to knit one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have been busy! Lovely projects and I especially love the mittens action shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! They are all very nice. I really like the colors of the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you've gotten so much done! Everything looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! everything looks awesome. I love patons classic wool - it's my favorite back up yarn. I'm glad you got a chance to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great knitted projects! The head band is a great idea, especially to use up some leftover yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great projects.

    I like that cabeled ear warmer. I will have to check that one out.

    I like your daughter with her mittens... so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you've been busy...love the ear warmer...

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. found you VIA Lots of Lovin' blog hop
    check me out at http://krystylco.blogspot.com/ if you get a chance, I'd LOVE another follower <3
    PS. we're having a blog hop this weekend

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...