My girls love to bake. They love to help and I love cookies. Here is what we made this week:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, oil, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well blended. Mix in oats and butterscotch chips. Drop from a teaspoon onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Let set up on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Check out these other delicious food creations!