These fingerless mitts were made for a swap. They are the second attempt I've made this week. The first pattern I used I got all the way to the end of the thumb before realizing I just didn't like it. Frogged. Back onto Ravelry to pick something I liked better. Now I am so very pleased, and these can go in the post this week. Phew, I met the deadline. Now I can start on my hat swap.
The low down:
Pattern: Emily Dee Mitts
Yarn: Sirdar Denim Tweed DK. 60% acrylic, 25% cotton, 15% wool.
What I learned: the sewn bind off. Awesome! I used the video here.
I have got the fingerless mitt bug in a bad way now. I'm thinking of making a pair of these for my niece for Christmas. Next time I'll make them a bit longer so they go up to the knuckles. For myself (it is cold today) I'm going to try Fire & Ice Mitts, I love a Celtic cable.
Here's where I'm hoping, check it out!