My Free Patterns

Friday, January 13, 2012

Blueittude heel

I fear I might be falling behind in my sock knitting.  I've turned the heel and done the gussets, now I'm working on the foot.....and getting a bit bored.  Really my Tiny Tea for the girls is much more interesting.  But for now, here is my progress:

January 13th we'll show off our heels

One reason I didn't knit socks for quite a while is the only sock yarn I had (see above picture) I didn't really like.  However I have to say I am rather tickled with the colour changes going on from leg to heel and now into the foot.  It really humours me that it looks so strange.  I do so like strange.





I also want to share the ball of wool I won from Jess over at Storied Yarns during the Sew Mama Sew giveaway recently.  It arrived about a week ago but I've been too busy to take a picture of it.  It is lovely, isn't it?  Any ideas on what I should make with it?


And that's all from me this week.  I feel confident I'll have a Tiny Tea jumper to show you next Friday, with another one in the works.  Until next week, happy crafting!


Please check out these Creative Blog Hops


11 comments:

  1. I like sock yarn that makes bizarre patterns by accident - so much more fun that regular socks ;) Yours are looking great.

    The new yarn is gorgeous. No idea what to make with it, but it is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sock is lovely, I like how the colours change too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, you'll get it finished if you just give it a few rounds every day. I find it difficult to knit with yarn I don't like too. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sock! I'm hoping to knit my first pair this year. Also, I wasn't expecting to find my yarn when I came over here for a visit, HA! What a small world! :)

    Happy Friday!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turning the heel is my favorite part, I love how the knitting magic creates such a perfectly shaped heel. I think your yarn color is pretty, but if you are still dissatisfied when the socks are finished, maybe you could over dye them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty yarn! Maybe a nice thick hat or cowl? I do love the results of turning the heel on socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing GREAT! I LOVE how the striping comes out on the diagonal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sock is rockin! It is interesting how the pattern will appear depending on the knitting pattern you use. Hooray for everyone who is knitting those socks...mine will eventually get done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The spirally look is so cool. Working with multicoloured yarn is always such a fun surprise. Saw you on Visions of Sugarplums Fibers on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the socks are looking great =) I love the way variegated yarn changes throughout all the different types of socks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...