My Free Patterns

Friday, January 20, 2012

Tiny Tea Pullover

I am happy to report I've finished my first Tiny Tea Leaves Pullover.  See, it is so special is gets capital letters!  I'm really pleased with it, and so are the girls.  The only real problem now is I have to make another one...............




These pictures were taken before I blocked it (ok, I still haven't blocked it, I'm easily distracted).  So I am hoping to get a bit more size out of it then.  I measured the girls and made one size bigger (don't they just grow so fast?) and still it could be bigger.  So I'm away to block.  Soon.  Sometime.

Yarn: Araucania Aysen. It is 70% merino, 20% alpaca, 10% silk

I also finished my first sock for the Turning Heels in the New Year with Beth over at Visions of Sugar Plums.  I admit I worked like mad yesterday to get it done on time.  I love having a deadline, it really helps!  It is..........ok.  To me it looks like blue camouflage.  At least it fits, though after a wash I'll get back to you.  Last week there was a comment on my post that this particular yarn shrinks.  Eeek!  I've decided I really need to buy some sock yarn I love, and that will make all the difference.


Here are the blog parties for this week:


12 comments:

  1. The pullover looks gorgeous, fab colour :)

    I love that the sock looks a little like blue camo. Fingers crossed that it doesn't shrink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jumper looks fantastic. Really nice colour. there is nothing worse than something that doesn't fit once you've washed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pullover is adorable. Goodness, knitting two? Can you make a slightly different design or color? I have a hard time making the same thing twice (unless it's hats). Your girls will love them though. The sock is awesome. Yes, get some yarn you love and it will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pullover and hope the sock yarn behaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is lovely! The color is lovely on your daughter. And I like the sock too. I hope it doesn't shrink too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater is darling! I am glad only one of my girls wore sweaters. That way I didn't have to make two of everything. Love that doggie face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little sweater turned out so pretty, I love the color! I bet between blocking and the natural relaxing that happens when a sweater is worn, it will be just the size you were going for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater looks amazing! The color is perfect for her too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so cute! I love how it looks with the collared shirt under it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater looks very professional, even pre-blocked! And as always, you have such lovely models! I think your socks are cute too, but yes, it does make a big difference to knit some out of yarn you truly love. I say Go for it! You deserve it after all the gifts you've made

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look like a camo pattern ... LOL! It's very pretty, though. Think of it as looking like Neptune!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color choice! My sister (who I blog with) is into knitting too!

    If you're interested, we're hosting our first ever link up party. Please stop by and link up! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/01/wayward-weekend-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...