My Free Patterns

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Old Style

I've done something I never thought I would do--I've knitted a tea cozy.  Not, it's true, really.  I was chatting with my sister on MSN Messenger (fantastic if you live across an ocean) and she was making fun of me for wanting to knit a mug cozy.  Ok, I thought, I'll keep looking.  Then I went and found a tea cozy pattern, and got straight to work.

I found a free pattern (of course!) and I used the yarn that came in my loom kit from Cost Co.  http://makeityourown.wordpress.com/free-patterns/ (you have to scroll down to find the pattern).  While my husband hates the colours, I LOVE THEM!  Here is what the first side looked like: 



I wasn't sure at this point if it would even fit, but I carried on anyway.  I have to say it was a fast and easy pattern, but there were way too many ends to weave in.  I hate that part.  When it was finished however, I thought it was worth it.


I'm a little too pleased that my tea pot now has its very own sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...