My Free Patterns

Friday, February 25, 2011

Girlie hair bands







I've been keeping myself busy lately, what with the constant rain.  I finished the tank top (or vest, whichever you prefer) I was working on.  Since it is winter I popped it on over a shirt, so I wouldn't freeze!I think it actually looks better over a shirt.


FYI my almost-5-year-old took this picture!







After I finished the top, I went a little head band crazy Here are a few things I've been working on:

cable head band


cable head band in blue


I knit the pink and blue bands flat and seamed them together, but I am going to have a think about knitting them in the round because the seam bothers me a little bit.  It doesn't bother the girls at all though, and that's the main thing.  


After I made the cable hair bands, I thought I would try a flower one.  I made the flower out of i-cord and the band is just moss stitch knit in the round. Next time I really need to switch to a bigger needle when casting off, because I feel it was too tight.  Again, the girls didn't seem to mind, but since I have to make another one (the joy of twins!) I'll see if I can't do better.

a model I can work with




Feel the love for Creative/Fiber Blog hops:

naturalsuburbia
Photobucket

BoostMyBlogFriday



Sunday  Hops




19 comments:

  1. LOVE the knitted headbands. They are so sassy! I'm thinking of making a couple for my nieces for Easter...

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The headbands are wonderful. The flower detail is charming with its button centre! I too have plans to knit a headband someday. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The headbands look great! I agree your vest/tank looks good over a shirt, true 4 season wear now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little flower! Must try....

    That vest is adorable and I think will look great in summer too, without the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects...all of them! The vest looks great on you!

    And....ummmm...what's with the green grass in your photos?? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The head bands are great and I love the vest.

    I'm with you on the seam for the cable. I have the same issue with the one (and only so far) that I have made. Not sure how it would be knit in the round... would love to know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the the last one with the flower the most!! Super cute. My girls are going to be bagging me to make this for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on the vest. It looks great on you. I most especially love the headband with the flower...so feminine. Happy FAF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your headbands are adorable, love the flower and your models are quite charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week's projects are terrific! You and your girls look great in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you won't mind if I'm completely unoriginal here, but I agree with everyone that your projects are beautiful! The vest looks wonderful on you and I do like how it looks over the blouse. You are lucky to have such beautiful models who appreciate fine knitwear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely FOS. The hairbands look great for using up odds and ends

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for participating in FO Friday!! I love the headbands AND the tank top/vest. I actually just bought yarn to make a tank top! Is the pattern from Ravelry?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't cables so much fun. These look really great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughter is so cute and already an accomplished photographer! I like the vest and the headbands. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, I found you from Boost My Blog and I love the banner you have at the top. The little girl is adorable. I did follow you on GFC.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...