My Free Patterns

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pasta with leeks and bacon

Perhaps what I should really call this dish is lonely girl pasta.  I tend to make it when I am going to be without the husband for dinner, because I love it more than he does.  I like this meal because I can have leftovers for the next day (or two) and that makes life so much easier.  And to think I used to shun leftovers.  What was I thinking?
When I make this, I don't tend to measure anything besides the yoghurt.  It is great as a fast dinner, because you can add whatever veggies  you have and it is filling.  PLUS, it had bacon, which to me, makes any meal better.  It isn't much to look at really, but sometimes looks can be deceiving!



Pasta with leeks and bacon

200g pasta (I like penne but I use whatever I have)
1-2 tbs butter
2 medium leeks, sliced
1 clove garlic, diced
250g bacon, diced
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup frozen corn
6 tbsp plain yogurt
1/4-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to package (until done really).  In the meantime, melt the butter in a skillet and add the sliced leeks, garlic and bacon.  Cook until the leeks are tender and the bacon is done.  Add the frozen vegetables and heat over medium until they are warm. Add the 6 tbsp plain yogurt, and salt and pepper as you like it.   Drain the pasta, and put it back in the pan.  Add the bacon-leek mixture to the pasta and give it a good stir to coat the noodles.  Now, you can either add the mozzarella cheese now, and let it melt and stir it in, or add it over the pasta once it is on the plate.  I am a lazy cook, so I just had it all at once and stir it around.






Lovely Foodie Blog Hops:




H‘nSFCC


2 comments:

  1. Oh, this does sound delicious...creamy, bacony pasta...sign me up! Thanks for sharing this w/ the hearth and soul hop =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...