My Free Patterns

Friday, February 18, 2011

Gotta love Hats!

Back before the holidays I decided to make everyone in my family a hat for Christmas.  Except my Father, who got a tea cozy, and my Mother, who I had already knitted a hat the year before.  Why not my father you might ask?  Because my parents live in Phoenix, and really, they just don't have winters that warrant hats.  Or so I thought.  He emailed me a week or two ago and said they were having some very cold weather, and his poor little head was getting cold in the evenings.  Would I please knit him a hat?  OF COURSE!  I am always very excited to have work commissioned by someone, because then you know they really want it.  I set him to work picking out yarn (nothing too warm mind you), and patterns (hurray for all those free patterns on the web).  He picked The Tamalpais Hat version 4.




I have to say that the pattern is great, except for one little error.  If you choose to knit this, then Round 11 needs a correction (*K5, YO, Sl 1 K-wise, K2tog, PSSO, YO, K6*).  If you don't correct it then the decreases get all messed up and you will have to rip 1/2 of it out. 


me and my Ninja



Now, back  to work on my tank top.  I am almost done with the back, maybe another day or two and I'll get it posted!  After that I might whip up some more baby hats but time will tell.


Blog Hops to Check Out:


naturalsuburbiaPhotobucket






Sunday Blog Hops:






18 comments:

  1. Love the hat! It's nice to see a men's hat that isn't ribbed too. I need to knit my husband one (in his hunting colors) but haven't fell in love with a pattern....I like this.

    Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh, Andria! That's nice! I love the pattern that emerges...very masculine.

    Thanks for linking up again to Fibers on Friday! Re your comment: yes, the shalom takes only one skein....but the eco wool comes in HUGE skeins. But, they're only $15 per skein, so I have a $15 sweater....sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this hat! It's going into my queue. I need to start thinking about starting projects to sell at shows this summer/fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hat looks nice in the yarn you chose. What yarn is that? Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute hat, and that's pretty ambitious knitting one for everyone in the family! Your parents in Phoenix will probably end up appreciating them the most!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great hat-imagine-cold weather in Arizona-glad your dad's head is warmer now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hat! I might have to try this one for my men!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice hat, thanks for including the corrections! I'll need to add this to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great hat! I always try to oblige when someone requests a handmade object. It's so much more fun to make and give when you know they want it.

    I'm sure your dad will love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hat...what a nice unisex color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hat looks great! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! New follower here from "say hi sunday". Love that hat! I have just started making hats. I love how its one project that goes fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making hats, those are great hats.I am a new follower from the Swinging By Sunday Blog Hop. Hope you have time to follow back.
    http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. He picked a great hat. I'm a little shocked that he needs it in Arizona. I'm a new GFC follower from Swining by Sunday. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all your lovely comments. Knitting hats are my favourite because they are so fast!

    AllyB the yarn is called Granite Tweed, Sirdar Hayfield Bonus Aran which is 20% wool and 80% acylic. It was a 400g ball so I have loads left to make other things with.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad I found you! I love to knit as well.
    I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Mika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job on your hat! What a sweet daughter to do that for your dad :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...